Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Xin Gongzuo (New Jobs)

Well, as I write this there have been some major developments in my life. Lately I've been accumulating new projects and expanding my scope over here in Zhongshan. Just this week, two developments sprung up. First, I've been asked to write a weekly column for overseas readers of the Zhongshan Daily - the city newspaper. A one-page English edition runs every week and is sent to Zhongshan residents who have been transplanted to the other ends of the world. Each week in this edition, my column "Zhongshan through my eyes" will run. I didn't pick the title. Suggestions? I'll also be doing copy editing and an initial "Corrections, Clarifications and Omissions" column just to warm up.

I've also taken on a co-host position on a campus radio show. Entitled "EZ Talk" (again, a title I did not pick...WTF?) it will be a variety show with different themes in Chinese and English each week. I think it will be a great teaching tool if properly marketed and could spiral into something bigger. We'll see...

No comments: